Monday, August 23, 2010

Huntley Photographer: Celebrating 50 Years of Marriage!


Whenever I get a call to photograph a large extended family portrait I always get a little nervous...the number of people, lots of kids, lots of clothing patterns! So when Pam called to hire me to photograph her whole family in celebration of her parent's 50 wedding anniversary I never would have expected to have the experience I had!
All the siblings came in to celebrate with Al and Carol (the parents)...that meant traveling in from 3 different states to Illinois, organizing 8 grand children (not to mention the 10 adults!), and coming up with an idea of where to photograph. Well let me tell yah, Pam was on the ball! She was so organized, had great shot ideas, and was a pleasure to work with.
While it was nearly impossible to pick which shots I would post on the blog, hopefully I covered all my bases-youngest grandchild, only female grandchild, all the grandchildren, and then a random mix of family!

On a more sentimental note, I would just like to add that I was really touched to see the relationship that Al & Carol have. 50 years of marriage has done them well! They have a beautiful family, a loving relationship, and a beautiful home all to show for it. I could only hope to be so lucky!




I love this shot! The two youngest grandchildren heading out on a walk in the fields with Grandpa...walking canes in hand.







~Congrats on your 50 years of blissful marriage~

No comments: